Translate

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Intro to Technology for Educators Chapter 1 Reflection:

 Concept one – tablets/ iPads these small however powerful devices using touchscreen technology and multiple applications available through Wi-Fi networks can help provide an interactive and engaging atmosphere for students and teachers. My biggest concern and one of the areas that I would like to learn more about through this class is safety on such devices, and how to maintain appropriate content.
 Concept two – teacher made blogs, websites, and wikis. Although I am somewhat familiar with blogs and websites and have visited Wikipedia many times, I have only come across a few wiki type pages that were very theme specific. (i.e.: game of thrones, Harry Potter, etc.) I am not at all familiar with how teacher based wikis work or how to implement and use these in the classroom learning environment.
 Concept three – podcasts/vodcasts. I have watched or listened to many of these types of digital media files. I have always found them to be engaging and able to increase my comprehension on a topic, even for strictly entertainment purposes. However, again I am not at all familiar with how to create them, link them, or effectively Integrate them into an educational atmosphere.

      Although this first chapter contains a few new concepts, I have heard of or used the majority of the technologies mentioned. I am most interested in the above listed concepts as there is a great amount of knowledge, ease of use, and comfortable functionality I look forward to learning  more about in this class.

1 comment:

  1. You selected some great to tools to hone in on and more importantly are beginning to consider the process of how teaching and learning can be impacted positively by them. It really is about instruction and not about the tools, but with the tools being so ubiquitous and offering positive enhancement or a mechanism for creation/innovation, we really do need to look at them closely. :)

    Nice work on your getting your blog established - and adding a photo, as well. You will want to avoid copyright violation by using public domain or Creative Commons licensed photos and giving credit with a link to the original photo on the web - there's an instructional 'how to' with the Blogger resources. And also be sure to add a resource section so you can add the textbook reference in APA format - so much to do, I know! It will eventually become habit! :)

    ReplyDelete